XOMA Corporation (NASDAQ:XOMA)
- A price alert has been triggered for this video.
Old Forum Content for XOMAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
XOMA announced a cardaic proof of concept with partner Servier - put on watch for next 6 months.
CYTK opened PhaseIII enrollment for acute heart failure - put on watch.
I have no positions in any of these ...I sold EXEL last night at the reop ...
debrup: Gapping up&down. Up: DF +26.8%, WFR +16.5%, EVOL +13%, CHTP +12.2%, IILG +10.4%, KNXA +9.9%, ENOC +9.8%, CSGS +7.9%, ESRX +6.9%, RAX +6.1%, TSEM +5.8%, ACTS +4.8%, POWL +4.7%, SAPE +4.2%, MAXY +4%, DMD +3.2%, RIO +3.1%, MNTX +2.9%, JAZZ +2.8%, ACHN +2.2%
Gapping down: PRMW -21.2%, PCLN -15.1%, XOMA -10.1%, Z -9.6%, WG -8.7%, NVTL -7.5%, IDSY -5.6%, EXAS -4.8%, AYR -4.3%, WPZ -3.5%, EXPE -3.2%, KRC -2.2%, UBS -2.2%, VVUS -1.9%, PLAB -1.1%
Abaltd: XOMA - something going on, 3rd day above the UBB, 30 % rise in three trading days.
For a look at how fast and far a popped squeeze could run, look at NAK, or even VLTR in the same semiconductor category, which is still running. Look at CRUS, which I trimmed a little of today. Heck, look what XOMA did in three days. (That's cheatin ...
bullmoose: XOMA - I couldn't post yesterday, though I did in OMM. I bought XOMA yesterday on the higher low after a pullback from its second breakout. The chart indicates it may be setting up a new channel here. That would provide lots of upside with just a little downside (Tuesday's low). Unfortunately, I couldn't get this out to everyone yesterday as the stock is up 5% premarket.
Didn't hold the 5% premarket rise, but let's see if it stabilizes here and starts rising back up.
bullmoose: Yeah, we're back up! (For me, it wasn't until this evening that I was able to get back in.) Can't wait til tomorrow. I found some nicely positioned semis to trade: CREE, FCS, TXN and VLTR. I'll re-post these in the morning.
I'll also re-post some trades I've been making in the past couple days that I mentioned on OMM. NE worked out very nice. ACH and YZC are too. I just bought some XOMA today. It's much riskier, but I've defined my risk under yesterday's low, and will raise that to today's low if it opens up. See you all in the morning.
Gary, thanks for all the hard work to get us back on track.
slowtime: XOMA - down 12.5%. Any reason???
I did buy NLY and a couple more NG March 12.50 calls. Hopefully it's finding support here at the 50-day EMA but I have to admit I'm taking a chance and buying before confirmation, which I don't normally do. That's why I kept the buy small. A drop be ...
One I'm not in but I want in, is SQM. I'm hoping to get a test of the breakout. VMC looked good early but has fallen back. XOMA has a nice bull flag going after pulling back from a huge three-day pop. YZC is another that looks good here. And GOK is ...
- CallaLilly: XOMA - potential ...
bullmoose: SHZ - For those of you thinking about whether or not to take some profits here, take a look at the XOMA daily chart and remember the 3-day rule. You can always buy back in later. My guess is that you'll be able to get it lower than it is right now.
taylor: PCLN, FSLR, GOOG, FFIV, LULU, BIDU, CMG -
Market momentum - former high flyers coming back to earth? Commodity plays rockin' !
MCP 3.7600 7.60% 53.20
AEM 2.5399 3.40% 77.08
REE 2.4700 21.05% 14.20
SHLD 2.4201 3.53% 70.84
GLD 2.1799 1.61% 137.19
AGU 1.6900 1.97% 87.18
SLW 1.6700 4.56% 38.24
GDXJ 1.6200 4.26% 39.56
PAAS 1.6000 4.06% 40.95
GDX 1.4699 2.46% 61.00
PCLN -2.5299 -0.61% 405.70
FSLR -1.9000 -1.44% 129.27
GOOG -1.7500 -0.29% 600.63
FFIV -1.3699 -1.01% 133.52
LULU -1.3200 -1.84% 70.40
BIDU -1.3200 -1.31% 98.80
CMG -1.2399 -0.55% 221.49
AVB -1.1199 -0.99% 111.48
RL -1.0999 -0.97% 111.72
XOMA -1.0900 -17.75% 5.05
- bullmoose: XOMA (EH) - A woulda, coulda, shoulda. There was a report that one of its drugs could be a blockbuster diabetes drug. It will be releasing data in thew first half of the year. The rise is on speculation. Can't tell you if it will hold up, but when it ...
bullmoose: XOMA - I wasn't going to bring it up because I didn't want to make others sick before Christmas. Almost a triple from when my alert first went off two days ago and more than a double from yesterday's tag of the upper bollinger band.
EH: DAN-XOMA would you please cover XOMA in your video is it turnaround story or just wonder for the year end is this one has any Fundamentals in your opinion supporting higher prices.thank you and merry marry Christmas to you and your loved ones
boba: XOMA - bullmoose, guessed we really missed this one. 75% was pocket change.
bullmoose: XOMA - I guess it wouldn't have been a bad idea to buy yesterday's 75% move...or especially this morning's pullback to the upper bollinger band. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
bullmoose: XOMA (ballen) - I never got in. Didn't notice it until too late. Need to wait for a pullback now.
ballen: XOMA - Wow, here I am in Berkeley and I haven't been paying to my local companies. Bullmoose, what do you see ahead? Are you staying in or trading
bullmoose: XOMA - Wish I had re-set my triggers as this one moved lower because they didn't go off until it was already up above 3.2. A 75% one-day gain would have been nice, even if I only caught a 60% gain. :0]
CallaLilly: XOMA ... it's been notorious for being the Eighty Cent turn-around stock. It's down low and probably due for a run towards that number. I've traded it and just been too frustrated, wish it well and cannot understand its difficulties. But the little biotechs are so manipulated ... I'd wait, endure the annoyance of looking at a red stock. I did learn a bunch about patience and unless there's a scandal or an FDA complete response letter, these stocks move around. VRMLQ was a lesson in humility for me; in at 22something, it went down to 18 and ran up, ran to 20 ran to 22 and then there was The Thing that moved it to 27ish ... which is probably cheap but I do have an alert for under 23.51 (I sold into strength).
CallaLilly...have you ever traded this before? I have a small position and was betting this thing would skyrocket on the news (several months ago) when they paid back their Goldman loan. I know they also recently started Phase II on their XOMA52.
Any insight? Thinking about just selling for the small loss.
CallaLilly: SNTA - just began trading around the "greats" - I am presently down on dndn, hgsi, trgt, vrmlq and did a double yesterday ... but managed a double on pwrm yesterday which is pure junk. I can't even tell you how frustrating this is. XOMA upgraded to buy 2.40 target and in the mid seventy cents. I have NEPH which I totally do not love, although this has approval in Europe and contracts with the DOD. This is so hard.
CallaLilly: SNTA - thanks...I owned this once and can't remember why I let it go. I'll read about it later. XOMA, which has been a serial ninety cent and fail, upgraded to buy and 2.40 target, up a nickel. Maybe we can have a touch of weekend biotech here while TraderdoctorphotographersnakekillerVic dishes on his latest eighteen layers of options and greeks.
captbryan: HEB.. I was stopped out of HEB a few days before the quick run up and did not catch it to get back in. I have a small 500 share position in XOMA left just to keep it on the screen. It is probabaly time to add some before it does it's short 1.00 spike- I'll just have to watch my stop closer. These small stocks can be manipulated so easily, they can make their moves before I have time to catch it and react. A bracket order might work better for me to at least get some profits locked in during the moves.
captbryan: GENZ.. I keep having this biotech pop up in searches. I haven't had any success with biotechs (HEB, CTIC, XOMA) and am real skittish to buy any more. I don't see any bad news out for GENZ and it looks like it is in a squeeze and showing strength. Risk seems to be well defined by the 50 EMA. Any ideas on this one? Reports earnings Oct. 21 a hrs.
captbryan: XOMA.. to develop flu antibody. Up 19%- Finally.
captbryan: ARNA... I got into this one because a low alert went off which I had set.I do not remember why I set the alert but I do not set alerts unless I think there is a good reason at the time so I can act on them quickly when they go off because it usualy happens when I am pushed for time. I looked at the amount the calls were paying then made a quick decision to buy then sell the calls. I am totaly out of ARNA now with great profits and do not plan to get back in. I usualy do not trade biotechs because of the same reason Dan has unless there is a compelling chart or reason. I might keep small position or two with my "gambling money". Only holding some XOMA now in this group and wondering why.
CallaLilly: XOMA - someone who follows biotech well suggested selling into strength, that this won't satisfy its need for cash and it will have to raise some if it doesn't do a hurry-up partnership.
CallaLilly: XOMA ... on a halt and details of repayment plan to GS. It's been up here so many times and maybe this time it can stay over .90. This is good news ...
captbryan: XOMA.. Up 8% in pre market. I haven't looked at this one in a long time.
CallaLilly: GNBT - Just looked at it and wondering if it could stay like this until there's more news? I've started buying a basket of biotech/medical things and usually they move on expected news of their own or a competitor's. The last news bit I found was from June 29 and I don't see anything coming up. I just picked up some XOMA (.76) on the pullback today after Wedbush spoke up defending it.
CallaLilly: ntheway - Long only with a few things that I think are "too good" for this market (translation: they're down from where they "should be" and I may add more - not buy and hold but buy and let's see)
SKS, IPSU, FIG (I know - believing in the might of vultures but at 3.00 it's cheaper than a movie ticket), CHDX, and in and of CYOU. I'm over 80% cash. DSX and NM are tempting here but I'll wait a bit. Watching HGSI and XOMA. I think there's an incredible opportunity in biotechs because they're on to something - making people live longer, even though the stock can plunge faster than Superman.
Xoma LTD XOMA 0.3% Medical-Biomedical/Gene
Cardiome Pharma Corporation CRME 0.3% Medical-Drugs
Halozyme Therapeutics Inc HALO 0.3% Medical-Biomedical/Gene
Albany Molecular Research AMRI 0.3% Research&Development
Geron Corp GERN 0.3% Medical-Biomedic ...
The O'Luggy Mutual Fund of BioPharma: ABT BMY PFE LLY WYE GSK These are the big pharmas...I still need to do a pipeline search but they are ripe IF they will finally break out (I am speaking PFE and BMY here...real laggards) Biotech: AMGN...... BIIB ...